Friday, July 9, 2010

Agia Marina Day 7

June 20, 2010 

Day 7 Agia Marina 

My birthday!  I can't believe that a quarter century has passed!  It's unbelievable!  How does time go by so quickly as you get older?  I can't even imagine it feeling like it's going by any faster, and from the sounds of it, it does!  Wow.  Anyways, our morning started off wonderfully.  I woke up with no trouble, put on the sunscreen, got dressed and woke up Trevor.  We headed down to the breakfast that was included with the room.  Amazing.  I love buffet breakfasts.  It allows you to try so many things and they all seem to taste so good.  After eating way too much food, we headed straight for the beach.  I wanted to claim a front row seat!  There wasn't any trouble there, seeing that the beach was pretty empty.  Our hotel didn't have a ton of beach space, but it was definitely plenty.  Unfortunately, you had to pay for your seat, so Trevor spent most of the time not in his seat.  In actual fact, the lady only came by once to get money and then never bothered to come back, so I paid for my seat, but later when Trevor came back, he could sit in the seat next to me without paying.  The weather was strange this day.  It started out really sunny, but then it got windy and cloudy and for a while looked like it was going to rain.  Thankfully, Trevor used his quantum mechanics and pushed all the clouds away and by the end of the day it was beautiful again.  I spent all day listening to the waves, reading my book and just enjoying the view.  It was so wonderful.  There were people walking by offering massages, but they were a little pricey, so I decided I wouldn't get one.  At the end of the day, I went into the pool for a while, then headed to our room to change.  On our bed I found a lovely bottle of Cretan red wine and a card from the hotel wishing me a happy birthday.  We got ready to go, and headed down to the buffet supper (not included in our stay).  It was as yummy as breakfast.  I can't believe how much food I ate.  Once stuffed to the brim, we headed back to our room.  I noticed that I had forgotten to hang my clothes, so I stepped out on the balcony to hang them and when I returned, there was Trevor with a cake and candles in his hand!  It looked incredibly tasty.  Unfortunately, after eating the amount of food at dinner that I had, I had no more room for cake.  Luckily we had a fridge in our room, so we stored it there for the next day.  After, I was presented with my present.  So exciting…we're going to Croatia!!!  Not only did I get to spend my birthday on the beach, but my birthday present is a week on a beach!  So awesome!  After all that food and all the excitement (and all the sun), it was time for bed.  Another beach day to get ready for!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment