Friday, July 9, 2010

Agia Marina-Chania-Piraeus Day 8

June 21,2010

Day 8 Agia Marina-Chania-Piraeus

Another earlyish day for me today.  Again I got up and got ready for the beach and then woke Trevor up.  This time we watched the butterflies on our balcony for a while before heading down to breakfast.  Breakfast was just as yummy as the day before.  I couldn't eat quite as much, having eaten way too much the night before.  After eating, we headed back to the room, observed some more butterflies, then headed down to the shore.  Again I managed to grabbed front row seating.  The day was looking really nice, and no clouds in the sky this time.  I decided to hang out on the beach until just before check out time at noon, and then met up with Trevor in our room where we grabbed our stuff and went down to check out.  I headed right back to the beach after we checked out.  Someone had taken our seats by that time, but that wasn't too much of an issue.  I just sat one row back.  Most of my day was spent reading again.  For lunch, we ate the chocolate cake!  It was awesome.  It wasn't too long before we had to go get ready for our bus back to Souda to catch our ferry.  We were able to use the spa showers, since we had already checked out.  I ended up having an issue because I had brought my bag into the shower with me and while in the shower, the lights were turned off and when I tried to leave the shower the other door to the girls change area was open and there was a man there.  Thankfully he moved and so I went to close that door, which turned the lights on again.  I found out my bag was soaked because water had leaked out of the shower.  When I tried to move my bag, it fell and my cosmetics bag spilled all over the floor.  It was a bit of a nightmare, but I finally made it out alive and clean.  We headed down the street to catch the bus that went back to Chania.  It came after a little while and it was packed.  Trevor and I ended up having to sit in different spots on the bus.  I sat by some creepy guy who kept looking at me and talking to himself.  Thankfully the ride wasn't too long.  Once in Chania, we thought we would buy some food for the ferry back, but the stores didn't seem to have anything really good to eat, so we caught the bus back to Souda.  Our ferry was already there.  We went in, again, via the fancy escalator.  This time we got cabins.  Because we didn't want to spend too much money, we ended up getting the gender separate cabins.  When I went into mine, I was the only one there.  In Trevor's there was a man there already.  Our cabins had 2 bunk beds and an ensuite bathroom (with shower!).  So cool!  We decided to wander around a little and to check out our food options, because we were starting to get hungry.  We got to see a bit of the sunset, but because my dress kept flipping up, I opted for the indoor option.  At 21:00 the ferry started moving and their restaurant opened and that's where we had dinner.  I had a traditional Cretan pasta with cream and nutmeg and Trevor had some other pasta.  It was good and filling.  After eating, we decided to separate and head to our cabins, because the ferry would dock at 05:00, so we wanted to get some sleep.  At my cabin, the family that was sharing with me was there finally.  I was in a room with a Grandmother, mother and son (I assume under the age of 12 which is why he was in the girls cabin).  I got into my top bunk bed and got ready to go to sleep when all of a sudden I heard this awful noise.  It wasn't too long before I found out that the Grandmother in the bunk below mine was vomiting.  Her family didn't seem as concerned as I was, so I tried to relax.  Unfortunately, this went on for some time and they even called a doctor to check up on the lady.  Thankfully after a little while, I was able to drift off to sleep.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment