Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Porto Day 25

April 24, 2010

Day 25 Porto

Today was our beach day!  YAY!  I checked up on our fuzzy friends before showering in the morning, and there were 3 of them sun tanning on the roof below us.  I didn't want to get them excited, so I didn't open the window.  We then started out with a late breakfast.  We found ourselves a cute café and ended up with super cheap, very filling breakfast.  It was great.  We then took the metro which took ridiculously long.  I think there were 14 stops before ours!  But after a little walk, we had made it to the glorious sandy beach.  I ignored what appeared to be an industrial area right next to the water, and headed away from it.  It was awesome.  The sand was so soft and the water was clear and there were very few people.  It was amazing.  We found ourselves a spot and the sun tanning and relaxing began.  I read for probably about 4 hours.  Trevor kept running off and coming back, but I stayed, listening to the waves and enjoying my book.  It was awesome.  After some time I met Trevor in the shady spot he had found and we had ice cream and then we decided it was time for supper so we found a restaurant on the beach and ate as the sun started to set.  Unfortunately, it was a little cloudy so we didn't see the end of the sunset, but it was lovely just the same.  After that we decided to go for a walk along the water.  They had a lovely boardwalk.  Trevor found an area full of shells, so I went collecting for a bit, but it was getting dark, so we decided to keep walking.  It would have taken a long time to walk to the hotel from the beach so we caught the bus that took us along the water most of the way.  It was very nice.  After searching the streets to see if there were any groceries stores and if they were open (we didn't find any) we headed back to the hotel for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment