Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Paris-Luxembourg-Brussels Day 30

April 29, 2010

 

Day 30 Paris-Luxembourg-Brussels

 

We took it easy this morning.  We ended up having a late breakfast at a nearby Asian restaurant and then we found a seat on a bench near our hotel.  We read for a while before it was time to head to the train station.  We went back to the hotel to grab our bags and then headed over to the train station to catch the train to Luxembourg.  Once in Luxembourg, we left our bags at the baggage storage and walked toward the centre of town.  We stumbled upon a fair and ended up indulging (a little too much) in the yummy food.  We started off with chocolate covered fruit (I had white chocolate covered strawberries and Trevor had dark chocolate covered banana) as well as having chocolate crêpes.  We wandered a little and I found a pasta place that had all kinds of sauces to choose from and it was super cheap so I ended up buying that too.  So much food, so little time!  After we finished eating, we decided to head away from the fair to explore the town a little, but there didn't end up being too much to see.  We found a grocery store and bought some snacks for the train ride.  We found some amazingly red strawberries and when we tried them, they were incredible!  They were the best strawberries I had ever tried!  After eating our strawberries, we ended up back at the fair and finally decided to head back to the train station to catch our train to Brussels.  To get there, we went through a park that was very pretty.  It was a nice walk back.  We caught the train and headed to our next country.  We made it to Brussels quite late and unfortunately we weren't sure which way to go to get to our hotel.  Trevor went in search of internet while I hung out with our bags.  I had an interesting view of a sleeping homeless man and a man who I believe was hallucinating, explaining to "someone" that he was strong.  Thankfully he was at a safe distance from me.  A guy walked by and noticed that I was hanging out by myself and approached me asking if I needed help.  He said he had been in my position many times.  He was from the U.S, but I think living in Brussels.  Trevor ended up getting back before the guy could really help us, but at least he was nice and not creepy like the other people around.  Trevor found internet and we headed to the hotel, which ended up being about 150m from the station.  We got to our very cramped little room and headed to sleep.



Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games Play Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment