Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Corseaux-Portes du Soleil-Corseaux Day 13

April 12, 2010

Day 13 Corseaux-Portes du Soleil-Corseaux

Today Heather and Matt took us skiing.  It was awesome.  The place that they took us allowed us to ski the Alps on both the Swiss side and the French side.  The day started out pretty good.  It definitely wasn't a clear day, but we could see some of the views.  Matt drove, so we got to the ski hill pretty quick, around 09:00 after renting our equipment and we were off.  We never had to ski the same hill twice, there was so much to ski.  I had some issues at the start of the day, but after a pretty ugly wipe out, I was good to go.  Everyone was so nice, skiing a little slower to allow me to keep up.  Each person took turns waiting for me so that I knew where I was going.  At one point we skied by a little town where you can't drive your cars into it.  Everyone uses horses.  It was cute.  The skiing was pretty good and though the runs were mostly blue and red (in between blue and black) Trevor seemed to like the runs, too.  Unfortunately, the last third of the day the snow started to fall and it was really wet snow that stuck to our jackets.  We all looked like snowmen from the front and every time we sat on a chair lift, it would all melt and we'd be soaked.  The visibility was awful at that point and on the last run of the day (for everyone, but Trevor) you had no idea what you were skiing.  Everything was just white.  Trevor was good about sticking with me.  Once at the bottom Heather, Matt and I went in while Trevor ate a quick snack and went back to do a few more runs.  We then headed back to Corseaux so that Heather and I could make it for her synchro practice that night.  It was nice watching synchro again.  I had missed it for sure.  It was also interesting how much French I understood, at least when Heather was talking.  Unfortunately, as the practice went on, I started to feel really sick.  I had woken up with a sore throat in the morning, but had thought nothing of it, and then with crashing my head on the snow and getting wet all day, my body had clearly given up.  I was shivering on the pool deck and as soon as we got back to Heather and Matt's, I went straight to bed.  Not a great ending to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment